Worship and Outreach Ministry Group.
There has been an overlap between the membership and discussions in our Teaching and Worship and Local Outreach and Social Action Ministry Groups so these two have merged into Worship and Outreach Ministry Group.
The group meets 4 times a year to discuss ways in which we can reach out to the Parish community through the various activities we organise, such as:-
• Alpha course in the autumn
• Summer Rotary Fete
• Harvest festival and a bring and share lunch
• Newcomers lunches
• Remembrance Day – Ecumenical service
• Advent and Christmas activities
• Lent discussion groups - Ecumenical
• Good Friday Craft Workshop for all the family
• Easter Celebrations.
• Christian Aid events
• Thy Kingdom Come – 9 days of prayer
• Friends Garden Party
• BBQ in the Vicarage garden
• Music Recital
• Friends of St Mark’s concert
• Week of prayer for Christian Unity – pulpit swaps
Our regular programme of services can be found on the website under Worship/Regular Services.
We have a Welcome Pack which we distribute to homes where people have moved into the area – this give details of the activities of St Mark’s.
We’ve recently been working on refurbishing the Church foyer to make it accessible during the day most days of the week.
Future activities being considered:-
• Concert by The Police Band.
• Family Service on or near Beach during the summer
• Dementia Friendly Service
• Monthly lunch club