For such a special day, you want a special place. A church is so much more than a wedding venue. God will be there with you to bless you - on the day and always. It's a spiritual, personal and beautiful ceremony, a place where people will pray for you, before, during and after the big day. You'll say ancient and amazing vows that you can only make in a church. It's a place that connects with your history and could become part of your future story too.

For information about Highcliffe village including where to stay and much more please follow the link below.



It is both a privilege and a duty for your vicar to conduct the marriage ceremony. The good news is that you can marry in church regardless of your beliefs, whether or not you are christened and whether or not you have been a regular churchgoer.

Because getting married gives you a whole new legal status with many benefits, there are considerations for the vicar to make in both UK civil and church law. There are some basic requirements but there could be complications if:-

• One or both of you is a national from a country that is outside the European Economic Area. Special procedures apply to the legal preparations for these marriages, to protect and celebrate those which are genuine and to help prevent those which are not.

• If one or both of you has been married before, this does not prevent you from marrying in church. Rev Veronica  would be very happy to discuss this further with you.

You may also want to check the Church of England wedding website for specific legal requirements as well as ideas of what is possible during the marriage ceremony:

Please feel free to contact Rev Veronica to discuss any questions you might have about getting married at St Mark’s Church Highcliffe on  or by phone message on 07921 514096.