Local Outreach Ministry Group
Mike Goodman – Chair, Diana Faunce – Vice Chair, Susie Goodman, John Heighes – LLM, Colin Chatten – LLM
The Key tasks are to
• draw up and implement a range of evangelistic activities (including outreach into the new estates)
• encourage church members to deepen their own discipleship
• work with the teaching Ministry Group to provide regular evangelistic courses
• liaise with other local churches, together with St Mark’s representatives, on matters relating to evangelism
• organise social activities for the church to help people within the church to know each other and to provide a forum to which guests could be invited
• advise the PCC on the development of the magazine, the website, Facebook pages and communication within the parish
Is a friendly group for all ages which usually meets at 7.45pm on the first Thursday of every month in the parish hall library.
The regular meetings, with coffee afterwards, often have a speaker on various topics, - educational, informative or purely entertaining. Social activities include a summer evening walk and a theatre visit.
During 2017 the varied, interesting programme contained a mixture of talks and outside activities. The Group was pleased to support the Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance – 3 of their fund-raising members came to talk about the work of the Charity. Other meetings consisted of talks about “Stourhead to Stanpit”, the catering department of Brockenhurst College, “The Secrets of Cunard”, the history of gin, and reminiscences of a documentary cameraman. Three ‘outside’ meetings were a cruise on the River Stour followed by a BBQ supper in June, the Annual Lunch in April and watching the Milton Music Society’s production of Masquerade in November.
The group participates in various church activities including Sunday coffee and helps at the church stalls at the annual Rotary fete held in July.